These Terms and Conditions form the contract between you and Your Instructor
- Your Instructor is a self employed CRB / DBS checked fully qualified DVSA Approved Driving Instructor.
- MyDrivingInstructor is an online booking agency employed by Your Instructor to take bookings, deposit payments and other administrative tasks on their behalf. MyDrivingInstructor is not a party to this contract. Any balance payment dispute, claim or discussion, regarding tuition, course hours or any other issues should therefore be taken up directly with Your Instructor.
- All communication with MyDrivingInstructor will be by email only. Please check your email regularly and ensure that any email from @mydrivinginstructor.co.uk is not treated as Spam. If you do not receive any email from us within 7 days of making your booking please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you cancel in writing up to 14 days after making your booking your Deposit will be refunded in full by MyDrivingInstructor within 14 days of cancellation. The Deposit is non-refundable after 14 days from the date of booking your course. The balance of the course fee is due 14 days before the start date of the course or 14 days after booking which ever is later unless you cancel in writing to Your Instructor or MyDrivingInstructor. You may still be required to pay the course balance if you cancel after the course balance is due.
If you or Your Instructor or a member of either household has Coronavirus symptoms or needs to isolate both will agree to rearrange your course to a mutually agreeable future date at no extra charge.
The symptoms of Coronavirus(COVID-19) include
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortnes of breath
- Availability of courses displayed on this website are for guidance only and cannot be guaranteed.
- Courses for pupils who have not passed the driving theory test include free access to a student account at www.theorytestpro.co.uk active for at least 14 days after receipt of deposit. www.theorytestpro.co.uk is owned and operated by a third party so neither MyDrivingInstructor or your course instructor can accept any liability for its availability or content.
- Where a free practical driving test is included it will only proceed when all course hours have been completed to the satisfaction of Your Instructor (allowing time for the test appointment and travel to and from the test centre).
- Free practical driving test included with courses must be booked within 12 months of the course booking date. The test appointment may be changed after this time but it will not be re-booked or the fee reimbursed if cancelled.
- MyDrivingInstructor cannot be held liable for any compensation claim, nor can it be held responsible for any traffic law violation on the part of either Your Instructor or you.
- The DVSA is the government body responsible for the provision and delivery of all driving tests in the UK so the availability of driving test appointments is outside the control of either MyDrivingInstructor or Your Instructor. While we will do our best to arrange a test appointment at your nearest driving test centre on the last afternoon of your course we cannot guarantee it. Your test may be at a date soon after your course and/or at an alternative test centre within a reasonable driving time. If it is not possible to arrange a driving test for the last afternoon of your course the last day of the course may be held back until the test day.
- If you choose to commence a course in a manual car you will not be able to switch to an automatic car and vice versa. Very few instructors operate both types of vehicle.
MyDrivingInstructor will only share such of your personal information as is necessary with the following
Your Course instructor
- all information provided with your booking
The DVSA (if driving test(s) required)
- Licence and contact details
www.kwiktest.co.uk (if cancellation driving test appointment required)
- Licence and driving test details
www.theorytestpro.co.uk (if required)
- Name , email address and mobile phone number (to create log in)
- Your Course instructor
- MyDrivingInstructor is owned and operated by Gingadog Web Design. Payments to MyDrivingInstructor via PayPal will appear on credit / debit card statements and in your PayPal account as payments to Gingadog Web Design.
- All payments to MyDrivingInstructor are made using PayPal. It is not necessary to have a PayPal account to make a payment.
Pass first time or we pay for your next test
MyDrivingInstructor will book another weekday practical driving test if you fail the free driving test with one of our 36, 42 or 48 hour intensive courses, provided
- your instructor agrees that your driving has reached an acceptable standard
- your instructor’s car is used for the test
- you notify MyDrivingInstructor of the result of your test within 14 days of the test
- Retest must be booked by MyDrivingInstructor to qualify.
- No cash alternative is available and the test is not transferable to any other individual.
- Test appointment may be changed by the pupil via the DVSA test booking service or a test cancellation service but MyDrivingInstructor will not rebook another test or reimburse if the test is cancelled.
Your Instructor Promises
- Your instructor will ensure that you are advised with complete frankness concerning your training needs.
Your instructor will comply with all current government and industry advice to ensure that your tuition will be as Covid safe as reasonably possible. Including but not limited to
- wearing an appropriate face mask and gloves
- avoiding all direct and indirect physical contact
- throroughly cleaning of the tuition vehicle with suitable anti-viral cleaning products between pupils.
- All instruction will be one-to-one. No passengers will be carried in the car unless you request it. Your Instructor reserves the right to refuse. Acceptable passengers may include the driver supervising your practice in a private vehicle, a parent or guardian, chaperone or interpreter. (Note: The use of an interpreter is not permitted on UK driving tests.)
- Training will take place in a suitable vehicle with dual controls provided by Your Instructor.
- That you are insured for liability claims whilst driving when accompanied by Your Instructor or a DVSA Examiner.
- There will be no smoking in the car at any time.
- Mobile phones will be switched off / silent throughout the lesson.
- To keep appointments. If Your Instructor is late for a session the time will be added to the end of the session or made up at a later date.
- For the well being of both pupil and instructor each day of the course will be broken down into lessons of no more than 2 hours without at least a 15 minute break. Where the course day exceeds 4 hours tuition time a lunch break of at least 1 hour is recommended. Break time will be outside of tuition time. All tuition to take place between 8am and 6pm.
- To try to safeguard your personal property but will not accept liability for anything that you leave in vehicles or on the premises.
- To advise you when you are ready to attempt the Driving Test. This advice will be based upon your continued progress and co-operation during the course and subject to reappraisal nearer the date of the test.
- Your Instructor will make the training vehicle available for your Driving Test provided, in their professional opinion, your driving is of an acceptable standard. You accept that the test will be lost if the DVSA are not given at least 3 clear working days notice of cancellation.
- If the test cannot proceed due to mechanical failure or accident involving the test vehicle Your Instructor will book a new test and make their vehicle available for a half day for that test at no charge.
- If Your Instructor is unable to go ahead with your course for any reason (other than Coronavirus symptoms) Your Instructor will refund all of the payments that you have made to Your Instructor and MyDrivingInstructor. Where the course has commenced but Your Instructor is unable to complete it for any reason (other than Cornavirus symptoms) Your Instructor will refund all payments that you have made to Your Instructor and MyDrivingInstructor with a pro-rata deduction for each half day of the course completed.
- To be in possession of a current provisional driving licence and capable of reading a car number plate at a distance of 67 feet (20.5m) at all times while driving. If you are not able to fulfill these requirements Your Instructor cannot allow you to drive and you will be deemed to have cancelled the day.
- To inform MyDrivingInstructor as soon as you pass your Driving Theory test if your course includes a Practical Driving Test. Failure to do so may result in delay between the end of your course and the Practical Test date.
- Not to attempt to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If Your Instructor is of the view that you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs you will be deemed to have cancelled the day. (Heavy drinking the night before a lesson may mean you are still over the legal limit for driving the next day. If you are taking any drugs / medication, ask your doctor if they will affect your driving.)
- To pay the course balance at least 14 days before the start date of your course. You accept that your course may not go ahead if you do not pay the course balance by the due date but that you will still be liable for the full amount.
- To keep appointments. Your instructor will wait 30 minutes at the agreed pick up point before deeming the day cancelled by you unless agreed otherwise.
- Not to hold MyDrivingInstructor or Your Instructor liable in any way for the cancellation of your driving test by the DVSA. (When a test is cancelled by the DVSA they arrange a new test at their expense.)
- If your driving test is cancelled by the DVSA to notify Your Instructor of your new test appointment immediately as the DVSA do not. Your Instructor will do their best to be available for the new appointment or, with your permission, Your Instructor will change it to one acceptable to you both.
To accept that refusing to comply with all requests to maintain a Covid safe learning environment may be deemed as your cancellation of the course. Requests may include but not but not be limited to
- wearing appropriate face mask and gloves