These Terms and Conditions form the contract between you and MyDrivingInstructor.co.uk
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you are also agreeing to abide by these Terms and Conditions that will form the contract between you and any pupil that you claim via MyDrivingInstructor
- Parties are free to cancel this agreement at any time subject to the course cancellation provisions below.
- You must be a fully qualified Approved Driving Instructor registered with the DVSA. If you are not a DVSA Approved Driving Instructor you may not register with this site. It is a criminal offence to provide paid driving tuition if you are not on the DVSA register of Approved Driving Instructors. MyDrivingInstructor reserve the right to contact the DVSA to determine your registration.
You must personally deliver any course you claim. Only in exceptional circumstances, with prior approval of MyDrivingInstructor and the pupil, may a pupil be transferred to another instructor. This condition also applies to mock tests.
- The recipient instructor must also be registered with MyDrivingInstructor and confirm acceptance of all terms and conditions.
- The recipient instructor will receive the full payment amount received from the pupil including any deposit payment forwarded by MyDrivingInstructor
- MyDrivingInstructor is an online driving tuition booking service owned and operated by Gingadog Web Design.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you authorise MyDrivingInstructor to act as your Agent to:
- advertise the availability of driving tuition online
- respond to customer enquiries
- accept driving tuition deposit payments on your behalf
- refund deposit payments on your behalf where necessary
- book driving tests for pupils
- communicate with pupils on your behalf with regard to test and course booking dates
- You agree to pay a booking fee for these services calculated on the basis £4 per course hour. Normally to be deducted from the pupil's deposit payment.
This agreement is non-exclusive.
- You are not obliged to take on any particular booking.
- You are free to accept bookings either directly or via other agency agreements or franchise arrangements
- You do not have any geographic or other exclusivity on the MyDrivingInstructor website.
On receipt of a booking with deposit payment from a pupil MyDrivingInstructor will
- if possible, book a practical driving test for the pupil at the nearest test centre, or within a reasonable driving distance, of the pupil's pick up address
- contact all instructors registered with the site for the relevant postcode area, type of vehicle and tuition
- all relevant registered instructors will be notified by email at approximately the same time
- bookings may only be claimed by logging into your dashboard page on the website, only one instructor can claim a pupil on a first come first served basis
- if the booking has not been claimed within 24 hours MyDrivingInstructor reserves the right to speculatively offer the booking to other local instructors in the area subject to their registration and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- if the booking has not been claimed within 14 days MyDrivingInstructor will cancel the booking and refund the pupil
- the pupil has the legal right to cancel the booking at any time up to 14 days from making the booking and receive a full refund (cooling off period)
- When you accept a booking
- the pupil's full contact details will become available on the website at the end of the cooling off period
- you should make contact with the pupil as soon as possible to introduce yourself, confirm the details and arrange for payment of the course balance
- you agree to deliver the course in the agreed format between the hours of 8am and 6pm. For the well being of both instructor and pupil tuition hours will be no more than 2 hours without at least a 15 minute break and at least a 1 hour lunch break for courses in excess of 4 hours per day. Break time is outside of tuition time.
- you undertake to personally deliver all the course tuition hours stated in the booking details
- If the pupil cancels
- within the 14 day cooling off period MyDrivingInstructor will inform you as soon as possible so that you can free up the dates in your diary
- after the 14 day cooling off period but more than 14 days before the course start date the deposit is foreit
- after the 14 day cooling off period or less than 14 days before the course start date, which ever is the later, they are liable for the full cost at your discretion.
- If you cancel the course for any reason 14 days after the initial booking date you will refund to the pupil the full amount of their deposit payment as paid to MyDrivingInstructor
- If you are unable to complete the course for any reason you will refund to the pupil the full course fee and MyDrivingInstructor booking fee adjusted pro-rata for each day completed plus the driving test fee.
- mydrivinginstructor.co.uk may refund up to the full pupil deposit amount on your behalf by reversing the initial booking payment transaction on your settlement of MyDrivingInstructor's invoice for reimbursement
- It is your responsibility to cancel the test in good time if you wish MyDrivingInstructor to reimburse the driving test fee when cancelling a course or you are unable to complete a course.
- If, in your opinion, the pupil has not reached an acceptable standard you may choose not to allow your vehicle to be used on the test. If possible cancel the test in good time so that myDrivingInstructor can reimburse the test fee. It is recognised that this is not always possible and the test fee may be lost.
- Where a dispute arises between pupil and instructor the pupil might make a claim for refund of their full deposit payment via the PayPal dispute service or initiating a charge back via their payment card provider. You agree to make good any loss to MyDrivingInstructor as a result of such a charge back by prompt settlement of an invoice(s) from MyDrivingInstructor up to the value of the disputed amount.
- Where a pupil raises a complaint against an instructor or MyDrivingInstructor believe the pupil may initiate a claim via PayPal or their card provider MyDrivingInstructor will suspend the instructor account until satisfied that the matter has been satisfactorily resolved. Suspended accounts will continue to function as normal with the exception of claiming courses.
- Terms and Conditions may change from time to time. You will be asked to re-confirm your acceptance of them each time that you update your profile or accept a booking.