- 1. How does it work?25.08.17More
MyDrivingInstructor.co.uk is a purely online intensive driving course booking service working for local independent driving instructors throughout the UK excluding Northern Ireland, the Scottish Islands and the Channel Islands.
Pupils choose an intensive driving course on our website, input their details and pay a booking deposit payment.
On receipt of a booking
- We arrange test appointments where required
- Confirm receipt of deposit, course and test dates with the pupil within 2 working days
- Notify instructors already registered with us that a booking for their vehicle type and a postcode area they cover is available to claim on a first come first served basis
- If the course is not claimed within 14 days we cancel and refund the pupil deposit.
- When an instructor claims a course we pass on a deposit payment via PayPal Email less our booking fee and any test fees incurred.
- On receipt of the deposit the instructor contacts the pupil to introduce themself, confirm the course details and to arrange for payment of the course balance which is due 2 weeks before the start of the course.
We manage, maintain and continually improve and market the website. We deal with pupil enquiries regarding the intensive courses offered.
MyDrivingInstructor.co.uk are so confident in your ability as a qualified driving instructor that, as part of our marketing on your behalf, we pay for the pupil's next test if they fail. See http://mydrivinginstructor.co.uk/faqwd/happens-i-fail-practical-driving-test/ for more details.
- 2. How much will I get?21.08.17More
Our current hourly rates
Manual: £26 per hour
Automatic: £30 per hour
£3 per hour is passed on as a deposit payment via PayPal email.
You should contact the pupil at least 2 weeks before the start of the course to introduce yourself, confirm the course details and arrange for payment of the course balance.
We have created a tool to help you estimate how much you could earn with MyDrivingInstructor.co.uk over 12 months.
- 3. What are the course hours?25.08.17More
We recognise that evenings and weekends are most popular for your regular hourly pupils so a typical MyDrivingInstructor.co.uk course day will consist of
- 6 hours tuition
- plus a minimum 15 minute break not less than every 2 hours
- plus at least a full hour lunch break
All of the above should take place somewhere between 8am and 6pm, Monday - Friday subject to the mutual agreement of pupil and instructor.
We don't want to be too proscriptive about course hours but we feel that the break time is important for both pupil and instructor well being. You will both function better with proper breaks.
These are the course hours that pupils will expect when booking a course - so please do not claim a course in the hope that you will be able to impose a change later. If the pupil does not agree to the change you may be deemed to have cancelled the course.
However both pupil and instructor mutually agree any schedule they feel comfortable with.
- 4. How and when will my deposit be paid?25.08.17More
Pupils may cancel and receive a full deposit refund up to 14 days after making the booking.
Instructor deposits are usually passed on by PayPal email soon after the 14 day period has expired.
We aim the get the payment to you on the next working day but it may take up to 14 days in exceptional circumstances.
Do not assume the course has been cancelled if you have not received the deposit payment. Contact us if you have not received your PayPal payment email within 14 days.
You will need a PayPal account to receive your deposit payment. If you do not have a PayPal account the email contains instructions on what to do.
Your PayPal account is free to set up, free to receive deposit payment from MyDrivingInsructor.co.uk and free to withdraw to your bank account.
- 5. You sent me an email but I can't see the course in my dashboard02.09.17More
In your instructor profile check
- You provide the type of tuition vehicle required. If the course is for automatic and you only provide manual the course will not show in your dashboard.
- You have included the course postcode area in your list of postcode areas covered.
- 6. What if I have more questions?
- 7. Do you have a telephone number I can call?25.08.17More
To keep costs as low as possible for you we do not operate a telephone call centre or call back service.
Most questions are covered by these frequently asked questions - if you have a question we've missed please ask here.
All information about courses available for you to claim or have already claimed is easily accessible from your instructor dashboard.
- 8. How and when will I receive the course balance?25.08.17More
The pupil contact details for courses you have claimed will be available to you from your instructor dashboard 14 days after the booking was first made by the pupil.
You should contact the pupil as soon as possible to introduce yourself, confirm the details and to arrange for payment of the course balance.
The course balance is due to you directly from the pupil 2 weeks before the start of the course.
- 9. What happens if the pupil cancels the course?25.08.17More
We will tell you straight so that you can free the time in your diary again.
If cancelled within 14 days of making the booking we will refund the pupil's deposit payment in full. We lose our booking fee and no deposit payment is passed on to you.
If cancelled more than 14 days after making the booking we do not refund the pupil's deposit and you will still receive / keep your deposit payment.
If the pupil cancels less than 14 days before the start of the course the terms and conditions entitle you to keep the deposit payment and claim the course balance.
- 10. What if I can't deliver the course I have claimed?25.08.17More
Tell us straight away!
Once we are out of the pupil's 14 day cooling off period they are your pupil just like any other pupil on your books.
If you cancel the course you will be liable for refunding the pupil's full deposit payment - not just the part of the deposit payment that we have passed on to you.
We can refund the pupil's deposit payment for you by reversing their deposit payment. We will invoice you for the amount and make the refund to the pupil as soon as our invoice is settled.
Disclaimer: These answers do not supersede or replace the instructor terms and conditions that form the basis of our contract with you or the pupil terms and conditions that form the basis of your contract with the pupil on any courses that you claim.